Monday, September 23, 2013

broad

A couple of oddities that took place this weekend in New York. Walking down 54th street after dinning with 2 girlfriends, a man walking behind me bumps into me as I stopped in the middle of walking, some that frustrates me immensely. Immediately without a second after almost knocking me says, “Hey Get over it It’s a street! It happens!” Um, mind you I have not even said anything to this man, when he fell into me and then yells at me? And if that isn’t bad enough my control button is turned off and I yell, “I didn’t even say anything ‘a-hole’”. Yes, I even censored my self to “a” -hole; he turns full circle back around and walks right up to me. Alarmed, I stand there but instead of hitting me, yells, “yo, check out the mouth on this broad!” Clearly not addressing anyone in particular. My friends and I just burst out laughing. One whom is originally from California, the other one, a gorgeous little southern bell from North Carolina giggles at the term ‘broad’ I on the other hand a transplant from Philadelphia isn’t as entertained and amused by such archaic eastern terminology, I still think it’s funny.

No comments: