Saturday, June 6, 2009

Harlan Ellison

Harlan Ellison You Tube Video
Today, like every Saturday, I was cleaning up my apartment while listening to NPR’s 360. Tuning in to the man being interviewed, I stopped and listened closer. This man, was so animated and this was just through the radio! He was blunt and honest, irate and enjoyable; such a pleasure to listen to, but most of all, this guy was funny! Reason why? As the wise words of Homer once said, “It’s funny cuz it’s true’. I grabbed the name of the interviewee of Kurt Anderson towards the break of the show, and he introduced his guest, as Harlan Ellison. I immediately put down my broom, hoped on the Internet and goggled him and this is the video I came upon. It couldn’t define his character any better, or demonstrate why I feel in love with this character, he is H-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s! Let the video speak for itself. This is for all you talented artists out there! Enjoy. And if you too, become an immediate fan of his, you are in luck. This piece is part of a movie on DVD, titled, Dreams with sharp teeth. You can download the 11 minute interview. The lesson here: Be yourself, be frank, and f*&ck Warner Brothers.

No comments: